- Leading OEM for Construction & Mining Equipment
- Excellent Opportunity to Further Develop Skills with a leading OEM
- Quality & Safety Focused A Must!!!
Hitachi Construction Machinery Australia (HCA) (www.hcma.com.au) is a global brand providing a variety of machinery for the construction and mining industries.
HCA’s Reman Facility in Wacol is seeking a qualified Heavy Diesel/Plant Mechanic to join our team in the position of Workshop Mechanic, working Monday to Friday on Afternoon Shift.
As a key member, you will be responsible for:
- Overhauling all minor and major hydraulic and mechanical components from our Hitachi construction and mining equipment range
- Ensuring all work carried out is performed in a safe manner
- Undertaking basic diagnostic work
- Conduct basic failure analysis and identify specific modes of failure
- Completion and submission of all relevant paperwork and reports
- Liaising with technical support staff
- Providing timely customer service
To be successful in this role:
- You will have a relevant Heavy Diesel/Plant trade qualification
- Have previous experience with the o/haul, repair and remanufacture of mechanical and hydraulic components
- Be experienced in a production line style workshop
- Good communication skills
- A safety focus with a good understanding of OHS principles