Get new similar jobs by email for
Water Resource Engineer Job
Water Resource Engineer
Job ID: 2017-13164
Area of Interest: EN - Mine Waste Management
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 7/11/2017
We are seeking a highly motivated Civil / Environmental Engineer with a Water Management background to join the Mine Water Group. This is a full-time position based in our Brisbane office at Milton.
In this role you will be involved in a variety of technically challenging projects in Australia and the Asia/Pacific region and have access to leading industry experts to mentor and guide you. You will provide technical expertise as well as project management across a range of projects likely to include mine site water management, environmental assessment, erosion and sediment control, flood studies and hydraulic design.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Plan site water management activities for a variety of projects including:
* Water Infrastructure (dewatering, pumping, pipelines, dams, diversions and drainage)
* Mine site rehabilitation (landform development, water management structures and topsoil placement)
* Coordinate field activities and manage suppliers and sub-contractors
* Participate in mine site visits for Annual Regulated Dam and Diversion Inspections with certifying RPEQ’s
* Assist in the delivery of reports, technical documents and proposals incorporating senior review
To be successful in this role you will need a Bachelor degree in Civil/ Environmental Engineering or equivalent; proven experience in using hydrological and hydraulic modelling packages such as TUFLOW, XPSTORM, HEC-RAS and Goldsim; and experience with GIS platform and AutoCAD is desirable. Your excellent written and verbal communication skills will assist you in managing clients’ expectations and in delivering high quality results in collaboration with the wider team.
Our Staff benefits include:
* Career development and professional development opportunities
* The ability to purchase shares in our 100% privately owned company
* Corporate fitness programs and subsidised gym memberships
* Work/life balance initiatives such as purchasing additional annual leave and birthday leave.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates’ purpose is to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. Our over 6 500 employees, based in more than 165 offices worldwide, deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals, providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy sciences.
For more information, please visit www.golder.com/careers
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Interested in this opportunity? Would you like to update your resume/CV first? Click here and login at the bottom of the screen.
Back to Start Page
Software Powered by iCIMS