About the Job
● An attractive rem. package of $100K to $120K pro-rata
● Part time flexibility– approximately 2 days per week
● 12 month contractor assignment (with potential of continuity upon results)
Utilise your entrepreneurial vision and creative thinking by joining our Executive team at Economic Development Australia (EDA), the national professional body for economic development practitioners in Australia. Our purpose is to promote sustainable economic development in all levels of government across Australia. Our members are employed in local government, regional development agencies, Federal and State Government, private sector consultants, community organisations and companies involved in economic development. www.edaustralia.com.au
The EDA are ready for their next phase of growth, and have identified the need for an Executive Officer to join their team to achieve pivotal milestones over a 12-month period.
Your quest will be to provide organisational support and drive the delivery of expected outcomes reporting to a Board, as well as attending National Economic Development Conferences and State conferences when required.
Your primary goal is to actively help position the EDA as the pre-eminent Economic Development practitioner membership organisation in Australia and engage with the Board to deliver the vision and strategy by:
● Creating and presenting an implementation plan based on the EDA 2017 strategy;
● Focussing on partnership development;
● Working with members to identify topics and issues to develop into lobbying campaigns;
● Growing membership numbers;
● Developing governance and policy frameworks that drive growth and attract sponsorship;
● Assist in developing and executing the Communications and Marketing plans in 2017.
The ideal candidate will have:
● Tertiary qualifications in Economic Development/ Business management and Entrepreneurship;
● Proven equivalent relevant experience;
● Experience at senior level reporting to a Board;
● A strong network in relevant sectors;
● Experience in stakeholder/relationship building and management;
● Strong communications and marketing skills;
● High competence and familiarity with good governance and policy writing/ structures;
● Demonstrated project delivery skills and be outcome focussed.
To secure this exciting opportunity Submissions must separately and clearly address each of the selection criteria within the position description. This will be supplied to you by emailing Kelli Dearlove via email@example.com. Submissions close by COB 28th February 2017.
Contact Paula Brennan should you wish to clarify the role or submission requirements
Phone: +61 408 354 193.