MAX Solutions is committed to improving the lives of others. Providing employment, health, training and humanitarian services in more than 250 locations around Australia, MAX Solutions invests strongly in the development of our people. We foster strong relationships between staff, clients and the community and are driven to make a difference.
To deliver and administer accredited training to participants as part of training delivery of MAX Solutions RTO (0667). To mentor and support course participants to develop skills identified to meet their needs. To work collaboratively with others to meet the expectations of all stakeholders by focusing on quality customer service and compliance.
- Providing support to students to achieve successful completion of their training. This may include one or more of the following delivery methods as outlined in the Training and Assessment Strategy;
- Delivering face to face in the classroom and supervision during Vocational Placements in accordance with TAS and agreed delivery schedule
- Training, mentoring, support and feedback of submitted work and assessments for internal or external students in accordance with TAS and delivery schedule
- Online training and assessment for students who have selected blended delivery
- Workplace training for students undertaking traineeship arrangements
- Submitting all documents including student file notes for external students for processing to Corporate Training Administration team by the end of each week
- Marking assessment and providing student feedback of all submitted work
- Ensuring compliance with MAX Solutions’ training policies and procedures at all times
- Ensuring only current resources and documentation are being used
- Communication with employers/supervisors of students to co-ordinate workplace visits and provide feedback on students
- Providing feedback and any recommendations to Resource Developer to ensure up to date and quality resources are being used
- Participating in moderation and validation processes as required by the Compliance Manager
- Maintaining professional industry and vocational currency and documenting in the PD register
- Submitting an up to date trainer matrix on an annual basis or as requested
- Comply with all WHS procedures ensuring that team members including volunteers and contractors abide by all relevant health and safety procedures
- Act as a role model by demonstrating safe work behaviours and report all accidents, incidents or near misses immediately.
- Actively support MAX Solutions purpose and values
- Positively and constructively represent our organisation to external contacts at all opportunities
- Behave in a way that contributes to a workplace that is free of discrimination, harassment and bullying behaviour at all times
- Operate in line with MAX Solutions’ policies and practices (e.g. financial, HR, etc.)
- To help ensure the health, safety and welfare of self and others working in the business
- Follow reasonable directions given by the company in relation to WHS/Occupational Health and Safety
- Driven; confident; organised; methodical; resilient.
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Has the capacity and desire to handle multiple tasks within a high pressured and dynamic environment at any given time
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Confident communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Meet deadlines and demonstrate attention to detail
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Computer skills – Intermediate to Advanced Word, Excel, Access, Internet & E-mail
- Ability to self-manage
- Strong knowledge of the VET sector and the National Standards for RTOs (2015)
- Excellent skills in training facilitation and assessment within vocational area.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- TAE40110 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is essential for this role
- Previous experience working as a Trainer and Assessor
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Demonstrated vocational qualifications to the level of those being delivered and/or assessed or have relevant industry experience that will demonstrate your experience and knowledge in the field of training that you are delivering in;
- For specialist literacy programs this may include Certificate IV or higher in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or higher qualification
Experience working with disadvantaged learnersExperience working with diversityExperience in planning, co-ordinating and facilitating meetings, forums and planning daysCurrent industry skills directly relevant to the training and assessment being deliveredWell-developed knowledge of the core employability skills frameworkGenuine passion to assist others to build opportunities through educationCurrent drivers licence.Hold or have the ability to obtain Working with Children Check (or equivalent)
At MAX Solutions we welcome employees from diverse backgrounds and aim to create a work environment where
Employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability and religion are valued.
MAX Solutions applies the principles of reasonable adjustment for people with disability. Workplace adjustments are changes introduced into the workplace that take account of a person’s disability so that they can use their skills effectively and access the same benefits, terms or conditions of employment as other employees. If you are a candidate considering a role with MAX Solutions and require a workplace adjustment for this position, please advise the MAX Solutions Recruitment Consultant or contact MAX Solutions Recruitment on 07 3727 1306.