Department of Agriculture and Fisheries / EcoSciences Precinct, Dutton Park
- Temporary full time until 30/06/2019
- Salary in the range of $69,332 to $74,967 per annum excluding superannuation.
- Super contributions of 9.75% to 12.75%; annual leave loading
Key duties and accountabilities:
- Provide technical assistance with the planning, organising and conducting of experimental aspects of research projects, including maintenance of field, glasshouse and laboratory experiments, purchase of consumables and care of samples.
- Conduct research experimentation to understand the ecology and management of reniform nematode in cotton, under the guidance of the research scientist.
- Collect, care and prepare soil for nematode extraction.
- Develop and maintain nematode cultures in the glasshouse.
- Maintain laboratory and other equipment.
- Record experimental results using lab books and database software.
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of scientific data.
- Assist with collation of data for presentations, reports and publications.
- Work effectively as part of wider plant pathology team, with other scientists and farmers of field crops.
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/267801/18.
Closing Date: Thursday, 22 February 2018