- 3 years' Fixed Term Contract
- Hobart based
- To gain the knowledge, skills, and practical experience in Engineering to facilitate a move to a suitable substantive position within the organisation (or industry) by completion of the graduate placement.
- To assist TasNetworks meet business objectives by undertaking project and duties within various workgroups, commensurate with the individual's developing knowledge and skills.
- To participate in TasNetworks' graduate program.
This position is primarily based within the Strategic Asset Management Business Unit with opportunities to work within other Business Units identified to support the career development of the Graduate and the needs of TasNetworks.
- Develop technical expertise in a wide variety of electricity network asset management skills.
- Gaining an understanding of the organisation, its policies, processes, standards and culture.
- Developing an understanding of the electrical network industry and contemporary issues (ie. National Electricity Market and regulated environment).
- Rotating through different areas of the business on a regular basis as a part of the program without having a 'substantive position'.
- Working on a variety of often unrelated projects and ensuring goals are achieved within agreed timeframes.
- Recognising this is potentially the first full time employment experience and adjusting to the requirements of full time employment and the requirements of a commercial business.
- Be able to manage concurrent projects.
- Balance the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with TasNetworks' policies and guidelines.
- Learning to work as part of a team.
Minimum required level of study: Bachelor degreeDegree requirements: 50 - 64% WAM (Pass)
Sectors: Energy & utilitiesRegion: TasmaniaAccepts applications from students / graduates requiring a work permit?: NoStart date: Specific dateStart date: Feb 2018Apply online