- Immediate start
- Competitive hourly rate
- Opportunity to go permanent
Supply Chain Coordinator required for an immediate start for a 9 month contact in the Wollongong region
Your new company
Our client is a global solutions company manufacturing refractory products for high temperature industrial processes. The plant manufactures alumina monolithic refractories for customers in sectors including iron & steel, aluminium, cement and foundry. They are looking for a self-motivated and reliable individual to join their team as a Supply Chain Coordinator. Whilst initial contract will be for 9 months starting as soon as possible, they envisage offering the right candidate a permanent role at the conclusion of the contract.
Your new role
- Take responsibility for the complete supply chain in line with Global Supply Chain policy and procedure
- Ensure all shipping management activities for materials and supply are provided in a timely manner to fulfill the requirements of a fast past manufacturing environment
- Maintain efficient and accurate records and ensure ERP is kept current at all times
- Investigate and resolve customer concerns in relation to supply and delivery
- Prepare all necessary documentation pertaining to all import and export activities
- Work in conjunction with the Operations Manager to ensure effective administration of all 3rd Party Freight Forwarders, offsite storage and suppliers to help improve supply chain efficiencies
- Submit and coordinate any claims for shipment discrepancies
- Negotiation of material costs with suppliers, and rates for freight forwarders when required, to deliver financial savings
- Provide Customer Service support where needed as part of a small close knit team
What you'll need to succeed
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment with a thorough understanding of product shipping throughout Asia
- Possess a working knowledge of import and export shipping procedures and regulations
- Exposure to the local transportation industry and supply chain service providers
- High degree of computer literacy
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive rate and secured work for 9 months with the opportunity to possibly go permanent.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.