Get new similar jobs by email for
Soldier On supports Australian Defence Force veterans and their spouses with employment opportunities with various organisations across the country.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been selected as the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused and looking for a likeminded Subcontract Manager to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for the management of major subcontracts to meet the project requirements of cost, quality and delivery through effective commercial management. The facilitation of strong working relationships with the supplier, their supply chains and internal stakeholders will be critical to your success.
You will make your mark by:
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders
• Managing the performance of the suppliers to achieve contract requirements (schedule, cost and quality) and developing and embedding the relevant key performance indicators
• Leading the resolution of contractual issues and disputes arising with suppliers
• Managing variations to the subcontract and identifying emerging risks ensuring they are costed and monitored
• Ensuring adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management
• Generating and managing the Logistics Composite Model procurement and subcontract management plans.
ABOUT THE APPLICANT
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Significant experience in subcontract/commercial management supported by a relevant tertiary qualification (commerce or engineering)
• Previous experience in a project based environment, preferably in the Defence sector
• Extensive experience in the development and negotiation of complex defence contracts with major customers/suppliers
• A proven track record of successful delivery of major subcontracts obligations
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt your verbal and written styles to suit a variety of audiences
• Highly developed analytical and problem solving abilities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role
HOW TO APPLY
If you are an ADF veteran or spouse of a serving or ex-serving member and are interested in applying for the role, please hit the apply now button and submit your CV and cover letter. It is recommended that you combine the cover letter and CV into one document.
Applications should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
For any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 7-March-2017