Get new similar jobs by email for
Structrual Engineer Job
Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Working within a highly experienced team, you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise. Broadspectrum will give you the platform to build a long term career with the organistion and continue your personal and professional development.
• Undertake on-site condition inspections, reporting and assessments of existing Structural Assets based at Port Kembla Steelworks.
• Assist with the preparation, updating and maintaining of rolling 5 year Asset Management Plans, Budgets and Strategies.
• Undertake simple (hand based) structural engineering calculations in accordance with Australian standards as required for various tasks and assignments.
• Assist in the planning, scoping, procurement, engagement, and supervision of Sub-Consultants and Sub-Contractors associated with the provision of asset management services.
• Ensure all relevant information (asset condition assessments, drawings, specifications, site photographs, etcetera) are stored electronically in BlueScope’s Asset Management systems.
• Liaise with Maintenance Personnel, Team Leaders, Asset Managers, Facility Stakeholders, Supervisors, or any other personnel as required to execute the provision of structural asset management services effectively.
• Ensure compliance to all Company and Client policies, codes of practice, procedures, systems, standards, and statutory requirements
• Embrace Broadspectrum’s safety management system and adopt behaviours towards the company’s HSE commitments.
• Actively participate in the Performance and Development Review process, ensuring alignment to the performance pillars - Perform, Grow, Develop and Innovate.
• Carry out all work activities upholding the Company values of Integrity, Ingenuity,Collaboration and Challenge.
• Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
• Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
Key Skills & Competencies:
• Relevant Degree in Bachelor of Structural Engineering or related discipline.
• Working towards accreditation (membership) to ‘Engineers Australia’ as classification of “Professional Engineer”.
• Proactively and constructively identifies and solves problems and potential issues.
• Proven experience in the design and construction of Civil Structures and competent in interpreting engineering drawings and specifications.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
• Superior interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplined team.
• Demonstrated written communication (i.e. reports etc.) and organisational skills, with a high attention to detail.
• An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.