Are you looking for a role where you can you let your Strategic Partnerships or Credit Card knowledge shine?
Joining Westpac has many perks besides building a long and stable career. You’ll be:
- Able to have access to some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market
- Offered a highly competitive remuneration that is fair and consistent for all our people
- Entitled to a suite of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us
- Encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and secondments available
- Be encouraged to adopt a positive work-life balance through a range of flexible work options
This position exists to support the development of practical and innovative strategies for the credit card business to deliver growth, market leadership, and to manage the business through a period of significant change and disruption.
The scope of this role will see you being involved in the development;
- Business & growth strategy;
- Product & segment strategies;
- New customer acquisition strategy;
- Strategies supporting other functional areas, such as loyalty & partnerships
As a Strategy Manager you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Support the development of clear, articulate priorities for the business to achieve its short and long term objectives
- Provide detailed insights about the market and customer segments in which the business competes, as well as its competitors, regulatory environment, revenue drivers and cost structure
- As required, support the development of specific product & segment strategies to support the business & growth strategy
- Build models to quantify the long-term profitability impacts of acquisition campaigns
- Support a ‘fact based’ approach, including the development of key hypotheses and assumptions, and validate via a test and learn approach
- Become an expert on key customer and competitor trends shaping the market
- Identify key risks and issues faced by the business, including competition and regulation.
- Provide analytical and operational support in areas such as customer behaviour profiling, profitability analysis, voice of customer, test and learn and market research
To be successful you will have the following experience, skills and/or qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in Strategy & Analytical focused roles
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes within a large organisation.
- Tertiary qualified with degree(s) in Engineering, Science and/or Commerce preferred.
- A clear aptitude and interest in analytics and problem solving is fundamental.
- An understanding of financial services products and pricing would be ideal, but not essential
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders including working collaboratively to achieve common outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with senior business leaders through the writing of memos and strategy decks
- The ability to think strategically and apply lateral thinking to both identify issues as well as opportunities and design potential solutions
- High analytical competency, and ability to rapidly familiarise oneself with existing excel models
- Understanding of statistical, financial and quantitative analysis concepts
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel will be looked on favourably
- Team player – willing to work with a dynamic, high performing team to achieve team success
In return, we offer a great team environment where you'll feel valued. You will also be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and the satisfaction of knowing your efforts are making a positive difference to the well-being of our customers.
a positive difference to the well-being of our customers.