Get new similar jobs by email for
South Australia Jobs
My client is seeking a catering manager for their aged care facility in Port Augusta
Your role in this environment is to provide friendly, attentive and efficient service to our valued clients through leadership and direction, overseeing the cooking a variety of meals, friendly food service and managing food safety, audits and accreditation.
This position requires you to manage a large team of staff consisting of Chefs, Cooks and Catering Assistants.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Leading a kitchen team in menu planning, consulting with dieticians, preparation of meals and food service
• Staff management including training/development, encouraging productivity, disciplining, rostering and staff replacements
• Monitoring food and labour costs, stock takes and ordering
• Monitoring & promoting kitchen hygiene & food safety, audits and accrediation
• Client and Staff engagement
• Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery, Diploma in Management/Hospitalty Management or equivalent experience
• Conversant in the Aged Care Accreditation processes;
• Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
• Understanding of diets for Vulnerable people
• Strong financial accumen
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to communicate to various stakeholders at a professional level
The successful candidate ideally will have previous experience in a similar role working in the Aged Care Sector, health or hospitals. You will be a well presented and self-motivated individual who has excellent organisational & communication skills.
If you are seeking a professional career and great working conditions, this is the position for you!
Relocation packages can be discussed with the client
To discuss this exciting opportunity or any of our great range of career opportunities throughout Australia, please contact Marion Keating in complete confidence on: 02 9957 1166 or register your interest by email: email@example.com
Check out our website for other roles also at...