Get new similar jobs by email for
The Novotel Geelong team is currently seeking a Full Time Sous Chef to join our Kitchen Brigade. Reporting directly to the Head Chef, you will be responsible for all aspects of the kitchen operation as well as assisting in leading and driving our kitchen brigade.
Essential attributes for the role include strong communication skills and a genuine passion for food and beverage as well as quality. You thrive in working in a dynamic, fast paced kitchen and have the ability to perform multiple tasks at once. You take pride in developing your team members and have the ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously. Your role and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Food preparation and plate presentation for a la carte, buffet, room service and functions.
• Assisting with the supervision, motivation and training and development of Junior Chefs.
• Flexible approach in adapting to guest requests.
• Ensuring there are adequate levels of stock for service.
• Maintenance and cleanliness of kitchen equipment.
• Preparing and storing food in accordance with hygiene legislation.
• Working in a team environment, ensuring timely service and a high standard of presentation of our hotel product.
In order to be successful for this role, you will have unlimited work rights in Australia as the hotel is unable to provide assistance with sponsorship for the following role. You are flexible to work a seven-day rotating roster, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and public holidays. You are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and pride yourself in going above and beyond for the team at large. You are professional and dedicated to delivering quality cuisine.
In return, we will provide you with a competitive salary, dry cleaning and hotel discounts worldwide. In addition, we will provide you with a work environment that fosters training and development as well as career progression. To find out more about Novotel Geelong and Accor, please click here.