- Work on an internet/intranet telephone upgrade
- ASAP start, provide architectural leadership!
- Contact Paige Camden ASAP - 32433044
A Solutions Architect job with a government department, based in Brisbane CBD
Your new company
This is an independent government agency, looking to reduce crime for the benefit of the QLD community.
Your new role
This is a one month contract to start ASAP - you will be required to contribute to this department's telephony upgrade, including their intranet/internet replacement project. You'll be working alongside a talented projects team to deliver on these projects.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you'll need to have experience in web/call centre telephony upgrades and ideally experience in replacing a legacy content management system as part of the intranet/internet project. Candidates with TOGAF will be highly regarded!
- Provide architectural and technical leadership in the planning and design of software and hardware solutions for complex interdependent information and communications technology systems.
- Research, analyse and advise on technical opportunities, options, risks, cost-benefit and technical plans and roadmaps to support business strategy and enable business/process improvement.
- Produce detailed component specifications and translate these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
- Ensure functional and non-functional requirements are identified and considered to inform solution design, ongoing asset management and service design.
- Support the governance of designs, IT change control and project change control.
- Degree in Information Technology or 10 years as a solution architect
- Demonstrated experience and skill in planning and designing software and infrastructure. solutions for complex interdependent information and communications technology systems.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in development and implementing architecture and design policy, standards, methodology and tools.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities to identify, analyse and resolve solution design, service design and asset management risks and issues.
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.