A small, well-regarded Australian Architecture and Interior Design practice requires a Senior Interior Designer, Senior Interior Architect or Senior Architect with substantial Interior Design experience for their Sydney CBD office. If you seek to join a truly leading Interior Design company to work on challenging projects for premium clients, then this opportunity is the answer.
The Director will be promoted and there is a genuine opportunity to move up into the Director role in due course for the successful team member.
What do they design?
- Residential (single and multi-unit)
What design services do they provide?
- Interior Design
- Master Planning
- Urban Design
Your role may include:
Reporting to the Director, the role will include
- Building on existing and new client relationships
- Leadership of client briefing and liaison, with presentations of concepts, ideas and solutions to major client organisations
- Managing the preparation of Design Development and Documentation stages, and the project through the Construction stage
- Delivering a major project or multiple smaller projects to programme and budget
- Coordination of the consultant team
- Mentoring junior staff
- Conducting Design Reviews
Skills & Experience you will need:
- Bachelor/Master in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- A minimum of 10 years’ post-graduate Australian experience, preferably running project types as noted above in a client-facing role for the majority of that time
- Highly skilled and experience in innovative Concept Designs, the ability to think on your feet quickly and deliver hand-drawn concepts
- Business Development skills and experience, with a proven track record in bringing in new clients and winning work
- An excellent Client network of large organisations developed from your design competition and client presentation work
- You are adept and confident in presenting to commercial, government and institutional clients, gaining their confidence in your abilities, and winning their projects
- Proficient in using Revit and/or AutoCAD – desirable
- Strong skills in using SketchUp, 3D & Graphics programmes for design visualisation - desirable
- Advanced design skills including a current knowledge of international design trends
- Creativity in design other than just Interior Design, passion for great design generally
- Experience in workplace preferred, and/or multi-unit residential and retail interior design
- Enthusiasm to contribute to the studio culture, and the business and practice management of the studio
- Ability to be self-managed
The salary package offered is commensurate with your skills and experience.