Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. Imagining what is possible, we turn problems into solutions for our clients across regions and markets. We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services on projects across a range of markets, in locations worldwide.
Aurecon employs inspirational and energetic people. We aim to recruit and retain the best talent and we are committed to unleashing the potential of our people by challenging them with interesting work, and giving them the support and autonomy they need to achieve their goals.
Aurecon’s Energy team considers itself a key player in the energy sector – part of the transformation, part of the future. The team is primarily responsible for the provision of energy design, delivery and consulting services required to support a wide range of projects Australia-wide across the energy supply chain. This includes the development and implementation of power projects, including their connection to electrical infrastructure, spanning renewable energy (solar PV, wind, biomass, hydro), storage technologies (batteries, pumped hydro) and traditional thermal plant.
Reporting to the Senior Electrical Engineer and/or Power Generation leader, the position’s key focus will be to:
- Form and lead, or be part of, multi-disciplinary teams to advise our clients on the development and implementation of power generation projects
- Develop concept and detailed electrical designs, for renewable and thermal projects, including generation side HV and LV electrical systems, and HV grid connection concepts and options – for both technical advisory roles in development phase, and for EPC Contract implementation phases
- Provide advice to clients and review electrical designs as part of an Owner’s Engineer team for implementation of projects
- Support the generation electrical team to produce project deliverables in a timely and accurate manner
- Utilise local and inter-office work sharing capabilities to enhance delivery of project deliverables
- Search for innovative ideas and concepts to further improve delivery processes for the business
- Follow regulatory, company and client design standards and requirements
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable desire to progress their career in a technically driven multidisciplinary setting, and have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering
- At least 5-10+ years post-graduation experience in a role with close contact with the electricity industry or power project developer/owner/operator
- Knowledge and experience with the development and/or implementation of renewable and thermal power projects, including their development stages, with an electrical systems focus
- Experience with HV electrical system design, calculations, technical studies, construction and commissioning of HV systems
- Knowledge and involvement with grid connection of generation and/or large loads to the high voltage network
- Knowledge of the National Electricity Rules, and the technical requirements for generator performance
- Some knowledge and involvement with project feasibility and life cycle cost modelling
- A genuine interest in project management and technical business advisory roles in the future (not just a pure technical focus)
- Highly aligned with the Aurecon Attributes – co-creative, commercial, engaging, fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, sense maker, and unconventional thinker
- Able to bring innovation to complex problems
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Self-motivated and hard-working with a desire to push the envelope in innovation
We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a forward thinking organisation, and you feel you have the relevant skills required, please apply now with your detailed resume as well as current and expected salaries. Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer and provides flexible working arrangements through an innovative “Yesflex” program. Please apply now using the below link.
Advertised: 19 Jan 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 28 Feb 2018 E. Australia Standard Time