- ASX Listed Company
- Growth Sector
- Major Project Focus
Your new employer is a publicly listed national property group delivering industry-leading residential communities across Australia. Their projects include large master-planned communities with high-quality built form, innovative urban renewal projects, and medium-density developments. They employ over 230 skilled professionals nationally and work with the very best consultants in the sector to establish first-rate interdisciplinary teams, ideally suited for each project. They are all united in a commitment to their values and achieving the best possible results for their investors, partners and, of course, the residents in each of their communities.
As a result of their continued growth and investment in South Australia, they have created this exciting and senior position.
Reporting to the Development Director this critical role will manage key projects which are in various stages of planning and delivery and will be accountable for project feasibilities including time, cost and profitability of all allocated projects, ensuring maximisation of returns to investors. As an experienced leader you will be able to demonstrate sound commercial acumen with the ability to develop and inspire a high performing team.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Oversee the development of project masterplans, ensuring best practice design principles are incorporated
- Ensure assets are leveraged to achieve best of use outcomes ie: commercial, built form and medium density
- Obtain necessary approvals and clearance of conditions; this will involve engagement with Federal, State and
- Local Government Agencies and statutory bodies including Development Director as appropriate and maximises
- optimum returns for stakeholders
- Oversee design guidelines and covenants process
- Conduct annual and half yearly reviews for all team members including setting and monitoring annual KPI’s
- Ensure all committed staff training objectives are met
- Provide regular feedback to staff outside the performance review schedule to ensure ongoing mentoring and
- Manage staff performance and ensure all staff adhere to the core values of the business
- Accountability for all project feasibilities and financial outcomes for the entire portfolio of projects
- Prepare annual business plan including project scope, budget and overall development strategy
- Ensure that Occupational Health and Safety procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times
- Report any breach of procedures or concerns to the Work Health & Safety Officer and Risk Management Committee
Skills and attributes to be successful in this role will include:-
- Proven experience managing complex medium to large sized residential land sub division projects
- Strong people leadership/management experience of diverse multilayered teams – both internally and externally
- High level financial analysis and budgeting skills including working with discounted cash flow models
- A sound track record delivering projects to agreed timelines and budgets
- Experience dealing with major planning, environmental and rezoning issues
- Willingness to accept authority for decision making
- A proven ability to manage project and financial risk
- Established networks and experience liaising with the relevant local and state government entities
- Degree in Property, Commerce, Planning, Engineering, Project Management or related discipline or equivalent experience
- A proven ability to embrace new initiatives and demonstrate a positive attitude and resilience when change is Implemented
This position provides an exceptional and genuine opportunity to work within an ASX listed leading national developer that values its employees and offers genuine career opportunities.
Please apply quoting the reference number 5B/14789. Enquiries can be made to Gary Barker at Hudson in our Adelaide office on (08) 8223 8800.