This multi-disciplinary practice is inarguably a leader in trend-setting design, proven by the high regard the design community holds them in, & the number of significant awards collected consistently over many years.
As importantly, they are an employer of choice for architects familiar with the Sydney design scene.
Based in their Sydney CBD studio, they employ over 20 staff and retain the outlook & relaxed feel of smaller, design-focused design practices.
What do they design?
- Commercial: Commercial Campuses, Office Towers, Workplace Interiors
- Residential: Mixed-Use, Mid & High-rise Apartment & Mixed-use Towers, Individual Luxury Homes
- Hospitality: Boutique Hotels, International Chain Hotels, Sports Venues, Casinos,
- Urban Design & Master-Planning: Public Spaces, Adaptive Re-Use, Civic Precinct Plans
What design services do they provide?
This design practice provides integrated design solutions to their clients, including:
- Interior Design
- Urban Design
What is it like to work there?
Working in an adapted heritage building in a popular CBD precinct, you will be part of a friendly team of designers. Close to trains, buses, numerous cafes and shops, etc.
All designers work with a Director &/or Associate Director; you will be leading your own projects or learning from highly talented design leaders, depending on your experience & skill level. You may be assigned to a major project to work in-depth, or contribute across a number of projects.
Your work day may include:
- Teamwork on local & international design competitions
- Feasibility Studies, Master-planning, Concept Design, Design Development
- Co-ordinating with other Consultants
- Preparing Development Applications
- Liaising with Clients
- Overview of multiple exciting and challenging projects
- Researching new products, high-specification materials & finishes, and design trends
- Contributing to the raising of the company design profile
How will I develop my career here?
The employees are able to take advantage of various ways to develop their skills & experience including:
- Genuine mentoring by highly talented designers
- Training programmes in CAD & other design & graphics software,
- Support in becoming Registered
- Exposure to a wide variety of project types
- In-house talks & seminars
- Promotion to Associate & Senior Associate
Skills & Experience you will need:
- An eye for good design, the ability to generate concept designs, design leadership of a practice
- A passion for design demonstrated by your attendance at design conferences, outside work hours design projects, reading of leading design publications, entry into design completions solo or in a collaborative group, etc.
- Revit or ArchiCAD skills and experience; SketchUp, Rhino & 3D Studio Max would be advantageous too
- A minimum of 15 years post-grad experience, including assisting a Design Director or managing your own projects in a leading major design practice, or in a small respected design studio
- It is ESSENTIAL you can demonstrate extensive and recent AUSTRALIAN experience in leading the Concept Design and Design Development stages of premium high-rise Commercial projects
- The Concept Designer of or major contributor to recent and significant award-winning projects in the Commercial sector
- Team leadership and mentoring
- The presence & confidence to present to client organisations, and the ability to win their confidence and ultimately win the project
- Organisational skills to meet budget & programme targets
The salary package offered is commensurate with your skills and experience.