Get new similar jobs by email for
SATCOM Configuration Controlle...
Soldier On supports Australian Defence Force veterans and their spouses with employment opportunities with various organisations across the country.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The JP2008 Program provides an upgrade to the existing Australian Defence Force (ADF) SATCOM terrestrial infrastructure, provision of an additional Satellite Ground Station and the management and operation of the upgraded terrestrial system. To assist in configuration management, the team requires an experienced and professional Senior Configuration Controller.
As the Senior Configuration Controller you will be responsible for implementing the configuration management practices and systems within the project in accordance with the processes in the company's Business Management System, including any sector specific procedures and the project Configuration Management Plan.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
• Lead and contribute to the daily configuration tasks including managing data, parts, software and documents in soft and hardcopy using company systems and processes
• Liaise with project engineers to resolve configuration management issues and ensure the detailed configuration of the product remains known and under control and the product configuration can be accurately reported on request
• Provide advice, support and training as required as a subject matter expert
• Assist in estimating the configuration management effort and staffing profile for contract change proposals or bids for new/additional business
• Initiate or participate in process development for a specific project and subsequent testing and verification of its implementation into the electronic support system
• Contribute to the integrity of the configuration management system, including process procedures and tools supporting configuration management in the project environment, including the accuracy, currency and completeness of configuration management data/metadata, and the proper organisation and categorisation of documentation and data
• Monitor and contribute to the configuration change control process and changes affecting the configuration documentation
• Prepare and deliver configuration management deliverables to the customer, and the receipt and processing of data deliverables from suppliers, subcontractors or the customer
ABOUT THE APPLICANT
As the ideal applicant you will have:
• Significant CM experience in one or more engineering environments in a CM role, or an engineering/technical role involving with significant CM involvement, including at least one defence project
• Extensive experience in the use of recognised CM tools and associated databases
• An engineering degree, or relevant technical diploma or certificate desirable, or in a related discipline or trade skill with suitable experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• A can do attitude and high attention to detail
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are an ADF veteran or spouse of a serving or ex-serving member and are interested in applying for the role, please hit the apply now button and submit your CV and cover letter. It is recommended that you combine the cover letter and CV into one document.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
For any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 6-3-2017