This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about providing the highest quality products and customer service to join an engineering solutions company based in Perth WA.
G&G Mining Fabrication are a wholly owned subsidiary of SSAB based in Perth, Western Australia. For more than 15 years G&G have been providing high quality specialised engineering solutions to the mining and heavy earthmoving industries and have developed an excellent reputation in the Australian mining market. Based in the suburb of Hazelmere, G&G are a company that pride themselves on their customer service, product quality and high performing team of experts to ensure that their customer’s needs are met.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the G&G Mining Fabrication sales team. As a Sales Engineer your main responsibility will be to visit customers on site and provide solutions based on their individual needs.
- Engage with key site personnel such as site supervisors, maintenance supervisors and mining engineers, to discuss their requirements for repair, refurbishment, design or manufacture of quality mining buckets, water carts, other structures and aftermarket parts and services.
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders within G&G to support G&G products in the field.
- Develop G&G brand awareness in the WA mining industry.
- Prepare quotes in cooperation with G&G supporting functions.
- Inspect products and writing inspection reports to outline results of product trials.
- Manage small projects within the role, i.e. advertising or applications.
- This position will require significant travel to regional WA to visit mine sites.
To be successful in this position, you will ideally have a passion for sales and customer service combined with a strong personal drive to achieve and exceed results.
- Bachelor degree or above from either/and/or: Mechanical engineering, material science, Business Administration or related subject is preferred.
- Good technical background with strong experience in mining and/or heavy duty mechanical trade qualification.
- Experience in the Western Australian mining industry and understand the requirements of visiting mine sites.
- Proven track record in sales and the ability to discover needs and sell to key decision makers in operational mines throughout WA.
- Be a quick learner and be able to absorb large amounts of information and then tailor a solution based on this.
- Recognise the motivations and needs of your customers to ensure what you are recommending meets and exceeds their expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, it will be critical for you to be able to speak to a range of customers with all different levels of technical understanding.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Be able to work autonomously and be flexible with your schedule to allow for the travel requirement.
The successful candidate will be joining a company that cares about their employees and offers a stable long term career. They will receive a base salary plus superannuation which will depend on their level of experience and expertise.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michael Bell on +61 8 9215 9550.