Romano's, Hamilton Island's contemporary Italian fine dining restaurant is seeking a Restaurant Manager to lead the team of fine dining hospitality professionals.
About The Role
- Live on island position
- Responsible for all front of house operations in the restaurant
- Motivate and manage a team of 15 front of house staff
- Identify and deliver training needs, coach and conduct performance reviews
- Manage all costings including inventory, labour, wastage, and daily operating costs
- Monthly stock take and investigating any discrepancies or stock losses
- Liaise and engage with the Recruitment team for the procurement of new staff
- Maintain Hamilton Island's consistent standards of excellence ensuring guest satisfaction
- Report directly to the Food and Beverage Manager
- Previous management experience in a la carte fine dining
- Ability to work autonomously and delegate tasks
- Excellent wine, cocktail and coffee knowledge
- Exemplary organisational and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Tertiary qualifications in Hospitality an asset
Island of Opportunity
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers