We are looking for an experienced Project Manager for a large government department for a large data centre integration project.
About this role :
You will lead and manage significant and complex ICT projects in support of new and emerging technologies for . You will also ensure the successful implementation and completion of project deliverables.
Key attributes required of the Project Manager ( Data Centre Integration) role include:
- Analyse, develop, design, and implement project plans for agreed projects.
- Provide high level strategic direction and leadership in the analysis, design, development and implementation of a project and related business strategies and organisational change.
- Provide regular project progress status and financial reports and prepare, review and present project reports, briefing notes, submissions, and other correspondence.
- Lead high level project activities and resources to ensure the successful implementation of project deliverables for ICT projects.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with business governance processes for organisational change, capacity, and configuration management.
- Provide guidance to project stakeholders to facilitate informed business decisions that improve business processes and meet changing and challenging business needs.
- Represent the program or project team in a variety of forums relating to ICT projects
- Skills ane Experience:
- Experience in projects involving complex network solutions comprising Core, MAN, and multiple Data Centres migrations
- Experience in programming and deployment of multi-vendor networking equipment (routers and switches) in a Data Centre environment
- Experience and/or exposure in the following:
- Capacity, Availability and Network Management toolsets such as Cisco Prime, HP IMC, Junos Space, Cisco UCSD, Cisco ACI or similar
- Core / MAN / Data Centre network architectures and their relation to wider ICT systems.
- Experience with Juniper, Cisco and H3C (HP) networking equipment
- Demonstrated proficiency in some or all of the following the switching and routing protocols and related technologies:
- OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VRF, VFR-lite, VLAN
- Quality of Service
- Spanning Tree
- EtherChannel (LCAP), VRRP, HSRP
- Strong problem-solving skills in relation to the resolution of network releated technical issues especially when under pressure
- Able to work effectively with third party vendors (equipment manufacturers, integrators) in the delivery of project outcomes
- Knowledge of Service Levels and Service Level Agreements as applied to critical network infrastructure
- Developent and handover of network-related project materials into operational support environments.
- Experience in projects involving multiple Government Agencies
To apply online, please click on the link below. Or, if you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nisha Kumar on 07 3023 1024, quoting ref no. JO-1701-65851. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com