Get new similar jobs by email for
Principal Legal Officer
Your role as a Principal Legal Officer will see you provide high level, strategic legal advice to support the objectives of the Health Complaints Act. This is a contract position until the 30th of June 2017 which will likely become an ongoing position.
To be successful within this role you will have:
- The ability to provide legal advice on the interpretation of complex aspects of the Health Complaints Act 2016, the Health Records Act 2001, the Health Services (Conciliation and Review) Act 1987 and associated legislation and regulatory schemes.
- Indepth understanding of administrative law and statutory interpretation
- Experience within a similar industry
- An interest in infuencing the safety and quality framework in healthcare delivery
- Experience in applying high level legal skills and knowledge to operate effectively in legal and non-legal environment
- The ability to provide legal assistance to the Commissioner and staff relating to the application of the Commissioner's powers and functions
- The ability to legally represent the Commissioner in proceedings responding to appeals of decisions of the Commissioner and ensure appropriate processes.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister eligible to hold a practicing certificate
- A minimum of 6 years post admission experience as a barrister or solicitor
This is an exciting new position to be part of a small statutory environment. If this sounds like you please apply below or alternatively call Alex Fildes on 9623 6550.