Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. Imagining what is possible, we turn problems into solutions for our clients across regions and markets. We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services on projects across a range of markets, in locations worldwide.
Aurecon employs inspirational and energetic people. We aim to recruit and retain the best talent and we are committed to unleashing the potential of our people by challenging them with interesting work, and giving them the support and autonomy they need to achieve their goals.
We are looking to appoint a senior level Power System Analysis engineer to work in our Brisbane office. You will become a valued member of a large and growing team, supporting a wide variety of power transmission and power generation projects worldwide with staff located in Australia and overseas.
Reporting to the T&D Leader, the position’s key focus will be to;
- Support the power system analysis electrical team to undertake and lead all manner of analytical projects such as
- Generator proponent connection studies and associated utility due diligence studies
- General power system studies across a wide range of industries – industrial, commercial, rail, utility planning
- Earthing design and analysis
- Specialist electromagnetic transient studies for various industries – generator stability studies in weak networks, lightning overvoltage and insulation co-ordination, switching transients, incident investigations, induction, fault current distribution, motor starting
- Initially focus on undertaking power system studies projects but focus over time on building, growing and leading the existing team of engineers
- Utilise local and inter-office work sharing capabilities to enhance delivery of project deliverables
- Search for innovative ideas and concepts to further improve delivery processes for the business
- Follow regulatory, company and client design standards and requirements
The ideal candidate will have experience with a number of different aspects of power system engineering, such as:
- 5+ years post-graduation experience in a role focussing on power system analysis with close contact with the electricity industry or consumer high voltage network owners/operators
- Managing power system studies and related business development activities
- Detailed knowledge of PSS/e, Python and PSCAD is necessary. Experience with PowerFactory, Sincal, ETAP, CDEGS and/or, SKM Powertools will also be advantageous.
- Knowledge and involvement with grid connection of generation and/or large loads to the high voltage network
- Some knowledge and involvement with project feasibility and life cycle cost modelling
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification within the Electrical discipline and preferably chartered or working towards chartered status
- Ability to bring innovation to complex problems
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Self-motivated and hard-working with a desire to push the envelope in innovation
We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a forward thinking organisation, and you feel you have the relevant skills required, please apply now with your detailed resume as well as current and expected salaries. Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer and provides flexible working arrangements through an innovative “Yesflex” program. Please apply now using the below link.
Advertised: 29 Jan 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 28 Feb 2018 E. Australia Standard Time