- Join a sales driven and commercially focussed team
- Be part of an iconic Australian business
- Great incentives and onsite merchandise training academy
Target is on a renewed journey, committed to bring quality product and being the most trusted brand in the market for Australian families.
Part of the Wesfarmers family, this is your chance to join a business that is moving forward. The role will be based at our Store Support Office in North Geelong and moving to a brand new purpose built facility in Williams Landing, Melbourne in 2018 with flexible support in the interim to work between Geelong and Melbourne hot desk offices.
Areas you will influence:
- Work with key stakeholders to establish the appropriate balance of basics and quality products to drive volume growth in an EDLP model within agreed option plan utilising customer and business data
- Work collaboratively with the Buyer to develop effective line plans and create a category assortment that is well balanced to deliver strategy
- Develop pre-season strategy and accurate financial plans, making recommendations to maximise sales, margin and inventory productivity of the department
- Review and continually analyse reporting and trading activity understanding everything that is occurring within the category
- Develop customer focused products and store assortments, line plans and inventory flows
- Implement clear pricing architecture while managing up to date forecasting predictions
- Present financial commercial plans to senior leadership understanding your category inside and out and what will effectively increase sales and margin while reducing option count
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience in merchandise planning in a high volume retail environment
- Tertiary qualification in finance, operations or business an advantage
- Entrepreneurial thought process
- Demonstrated ability to complete accurate product plans, replans, prepare financial budgets and department performance analysis
- Ability to optimise in-stock and working capital position through sales forecasting, stock flow and product planning expertise
- Proven experience in managing rebates, local supplier negotiations and formulating plans for house branded products is required
- Knowledge of merchandise systems with strong commercial acumen
- High attention to detail with an ability to plan, implement and lead a merchandise strategy
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines
- Exclusive Team member discounts at Target and other Wesfarmers Limited businesses such as Kmart, Coles & Officeworks
- Option to support various charities or actively participate in community initiatives or sponsorship
- Variety of financial, wellness and corporate partner discount programs
- Well established and highly regarded reward and recognition program
- Opportunity for eligible employees to salary sacrifice Wesfarmers shares
- Novated and Operating Lease option available for eligible employees
- Opportunity for eligible employees to take paid parental leave
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by a Recruitment team member.