- Key payroll support role, up to 6 month contract initially
- North Sydney location - close to public transport
- Opportunity within a State Government organisation
A contract Payroll Officer Position has become available within a State Government organisation located in North Sydney. The company requires an immediately available Payroll Officer to join for an initial 6 month contract (with the potential to extend).
This role is to maintain and process the personnel and payroll functions, ensuring all employees receive the correct entitlements and that accurate records are maintained.
- Maintain and process the fortnightly payroll for employees (full time, part time and casual)
- Dealing with pay queries and providing support to employees (written and verbal)
- Action, administer, check and process starters, terminations, maternity leave & annual leave payroll - calculating salary payments (additions and deductions)
- Prepare, balance & reconcile payroll timesheets and superannuation documentation
- Generate various reporting
- Update and verify accuracy of data and personnel records
- Highly experienced with SAP
- Background in payroll with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Exceptional communication both written and spoken
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant awards
- A great positive attitude and able to work towards tight deadlines
In return, you will receive $35/hr - $37/hr dependant on candidate and experience.