Qualified, experienced and passionate payroll and accounts payable officer required for immediate start with growing recruitment agency in Darwin!
Celotti Workforce is a specialist provider of temporary and permanent blue and white collar staff to the building, infrastructure and resources sectors across Australia. We seek the highest calibre candidates for our assignments which span small to major projects and mainstream operations in our select sectors.
About the Role:
We are searching for a qualified and experienced Payroll and Accounts Payable Officer to join our team in Fannie Bay (Darwin) NT. The role will initially be part-time 2 days per week (Monday/Tuesday), with possibility of additional hours in the future. Reporting to the Company Director, the role will predominantly cover the following:
- collecting and processing timesheets and managing weekly payroll run for all casual and permanent employees, including checking and verifying accuracy of recorded timesheet hours and managers' approvals;
- entering new employees and maintaining all employee records, ensuring all wage and salary changes are maintained immediately as they occur;
- administration, calculation and processing of monthly superannuation contributions and other payroll liability payments;
- liaising with internal and external parties to assist in payroll related matters, and attending to award interpretation and general payroll queries from employees and clients;
- lodging all TFN declarations/ATO reports;
- maintaining all workers compensation for staff;
- preparing and distributing end of year PAYG certificates to all staff;
- all accounts payable functions, reconciled on a weekly basis;
- payroll and accounts payable dashboard reporting;
- collaboration with company Accountants and Business Advisors;
- general administrative duties will be required from time to time, and there may be opportunity to be involved in recruitment and other HR and WHS activities also.
Our Ideal Candidate:
This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about payroll and accounts payable and can work consistently in a standalone capacity. Our ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
- Holds formal Australian qualifications in accounting or bookkeeping;
- Has strong working knowledge of MYOB and the payroll function in particular (essential);
- Has 5+ years experience in a similar role that covers both accounts payable and payroll in a standalone capacity;
- Has knowledge of and interest in Human Resources and/or Recruitment;
- Has sound Microsoft Office suite experience (preferably Office 365);
- Is up-to-date with current Fairwork Act/ employee legislative requirements and competent in interpretation of Modern Awards and Enterprise Agreements;
- Has sound knowledge of relevant legislation surrounding Superannuation, Payroll Tax, Employment Contracts etc.
- Is a fast, efficient worker with excellent attention to detail;
- Is a strong team player with good work ethic;
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Has own transport and valid drivers licence.
In return you will be rewarded with a warm and supportive working environment within a growing and exciting business.
If you believe you're the right person for this role, please click Apply Now below, or contact Adrian at CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 1300 235 688 for discussion.
Celotti Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds to apply.