Did you know that we've been around longer than any other bank in Australia?
When we started up as Australia's first company in 1817 our goals were to deliver exceptional service and drive economic progress. And while we've grown up as a company and our family has gotten bigger, our goals haven't changed.
Today we have a clear vision to be one of the world's great service companies, helping our customers, communities and people to prosper and grow.
We believe that the service we provide defines us and exceptional service unifies us no matter which brand, division or role we're in.
Your Role: The Risk & Fraud Operations Utility is made up of approximately 250 Operations professionals located at sites in Sydney and India and is responsible for the execution of day-to-day activities associated with the Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) and Economic Trade Sanctions (ETS) compliance obligations and the flagging of suspicious activities.
The purpose of this role is to manage and lead the AML team within Risk & Fraud Operations that deliver customer service excellence outcomes across all Westpac Group brands.
Key to this role’s success is driving risk, performance and customer outcomes as well as embedding capability development strategies for team members. The Operations Manager is accountable in ensuring their teams are following Westpac Group protocol, policies and procedures, whilst also driving continuous improvement momentum. The Operations Manager plays an integral role in the facilitation and development of a cohesive team environment and is accountable for ensuring the effective management of all business processes, people, risk and dependencies across the business.
Major accountabilities of position:
- Optimise team member performance through objective setting, monitoring performance, coaching and developing to maximise their growth and potential
- Ensure consistent execution of agreed performance management disciplines within the team that define individual responsibilities and accountabilities
- Execute a development program within the team to enable individual growth and achievement for succession planning
- Mentor and coach support leads and team members to ensure adoption of best practise in management and effective influencing engagement skills
- Recruitment of permanent and contract staff
- Recognise and reward customer centric behaviour
- Demonstrate leadership which inspires and engenders passionate people who display ownership and drive to deliver the vision, 2017+ strategy across the business objectives
- Manage the business using the Active Operations Management principles and disciplines (AOM) to deliver Operational Excellence
- Accountable for managing the business to deliver Operational Excellence through resource management, forecasting and scheduling accuracy with the deployment of skills matrix to meet business needs across short and long term periods
- Embed business disciplines that support the resolution of customer concerns to drive the right customer outcomes
- Analyse key performance indicators to successfully identify the required business management decisions to achieve optimal business outcomes via business plans
- Work with Senior Leaders to develop and execute remediation plans where business performance is sub optimal
- Manage integrated team across The Westpac Group through consistent cross skilling
- Drive robust business disciplines that support the resolution of customer issues and concerns within a timely manner
- Enable customer centric behaviour that delights with empathy through daily operational practices.
- Demonstrate an operational understanding of business cost drivers within scope of influence and the proactive implementation of mitigating strategies
- Create and maintain a culture of high performance
- Implement and define business opportunities that deliver operational and commercial value through continuous improvement and productivity saving’s.
- Identify and drive opportunities within the team to improve process efficiency, accuracy and service levels.
- Partner and manage key business internal stakeholder relationships to achieve common goals
- Demonstrate operational understanding of best sourcing partner's key obligations and deliverables
- Accountable for the relationship management of offshore partners (peer management level) to enable effective partnering
- Partner with best sourcing peers and stakeholders to deliver process improvements/change to the business
- Create and lead a culture across the onshore and offshore team that places the customer at the centre of all business decisions
- Management of the incident management framework to ensure;
- Monitoring – accurate performance reporting of offshoring partners
- Correction – Immediate issue rectification completed
- Mitigation – Issue analysis and remedial action plans are implemented
- Contribute to the development of Service level agreements for service providers and business partners
- Influence behaviours and culture to drive the right process
Projects and Continuous Improvement
- Actively contribute to the identification and implementation of process improvements, which deliver better business outcomes including an improved customer experience.
- Provide subject matter expertise as may be required for all initiatives or projects for the relative functions/processes.
- Accountability for the accuracy and effectiveness of the process management documentation for all functional tasks within the team
- Support Senior Leaders to implement business opportunities that deliver operational and commercial value for both on shore and off shore teams
Risk and Compliance
- Ensure adherence and effective controls are in place for all financial, regulatory and compliance requirements to minimise potential loss including AML/CTF and Sanctions.
- Satisfactory audit ratings across functional responsibilities as measured by both internal and external auditors.
- Promote a safe working environment for all staff and customers by adhering to safe work practises and procedures and reporting of any incidents.
- Manage an on shore and off shore team that demonstrates an understanding, awareness and application of all agreed compliance standards including participation in risk governance activities
- Effective maintenance of the BCP/BIA to restore operational functionality within the operation constraints during an invoked incident
- Develop and/or continue to maintain Risk & Control Profile(s)
Demonstrated ability to manage and lead managers
Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
Experience in process documentation and knowledge building
Risk Assessing and Decisioning
Risk and Control Management Framework exposure
AML/CTF & Fraud Knowledge
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Ability to inspire and empower through employee engagement
Ability to manage change in agile environment
Knowledge and Experience
3-5 years managing leaders
Demonstrated ability to execute performance management disciplines.
Knowledge of Risk and Control Frameworks
Demonstrated technical understanding of AML/CTF, Fraud trends and regulatory environment.
Demonstrated ability to reengineer processes across business utility
Demonstrated ability to utilise business metrics to manage and drive efficiency
Demonstrated experience in relationship management
Understanding of Operational process environment and internal source systems
Working with us you'll discover new ways of working, and an exciting range of roles to showcase your skills. Think inspiring locations, flexible work spaces and unexpected careers.
Joining Westpac has many perks besides building a long and stable career. You’ll be:
- Able to have access to some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market
- Offered a highly competitive remuneration that is fair and consistent for all our people
- Entitled to a suite of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us
- Encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and secondments available
Westpac Group is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.