- Be part of an iconic Australian retailer
- Competitive salary and benefits package on offer
- Great succession opportunity into a merchandise planning role
Target is on a renewed journey, committed to bring quality product and being the most trusted brand in the market for Australian families.
Part of the Wesfarmers family, this is your chance to join a business that is moving forward. The role will be based at our Store Support Office in North Geelong and moving to a brand new purpose built facility in Williams Landing, Melbourne in 2018 with flexible support in the interim to work between Geelong and Melbourne hot desk offices.
Areas You Will Influence:
- Analyse existing Merchandise processes and identify opportunities for process improvement within the Merchandise team
- Assist in designing, documenting and rolling out lean processes that are simple, value-add and drive a consistent way of working across the Merchandise team.
- Build strong relationships and act as a subject matter expert to support and work collaboratively with the business
- Utilise the Business Process Architecture as a key tool for process documentation, definition and accountability design
- Develop communications materials relating to process
- Develop reporting and governance mechanisms to track and monitor process adherence
- Track and monitor process compliance from the business. Drive adherence through business engagement
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships to achieve objectives
- Excellent influencing skills
- Clear communicator
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of projects from beginning to end
- Financial and merchandise planning and/or buying skills preferred
- Exclusive Team member discounts at Target and other Wesfarmers Limited businesses such as Kmart, Coles & Officeworks
- Option to support various charities or actively participate in community initiatives or sponsorship
- Variety of financial, wellness and corporate partner discount programs
- Well established and highly regarded reward and recognition program
- Opportunity for eligible employees to salary sacrifice Wesfarmers shares
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by a Recruitment team member.