It’s a great time to join Harris Scarfe in this exciting time of growth. With over 58 stores and a number of new stores opening across the country we have big plans to be the top department store for great brands at great prices. Take a second look at Harris Scarfe and what we have to offer.
An opportunity has arisen for a dedicated and passionate Planner with great communication skills and the confidence to build up relationships with all stakeholders to join our growing team.
You will be required to utilise your knowledge and experience in retail planning within Harris Scarfe. It is expected that you will have great communication skills and be an analytical thinker to assist and support the buying team to deliver your departments strategic and performance objectives.
- Develop accurate weekly forecasts accounting for all relevant information and impacts and present on a monthly basis with actions to deliver financial targets
- Manage OTB to deliver stock turn and GMROI budgets
- Manage seasonal categories including entry and exit, maximising profit and sell thru while minimising clearance
- Proactively drive In season trading to achieve business results
- Build financial budgets that support the overall business outcomes
- Complete and effectively develop Post Seasonal ad Strategic Plans on a half yearly basis with the Buyer and agree forward department strategy aligned to company strategy and objectives
- Analyse and manage margin mix through stock return, GMROI, assortment mix, markdown program and marketing program in consultation with the Buyer to deliver financial targets
- Work with Buyers to ensure promotional activity delivers the financial plan
- Support the Buyer in maximising the rebate collection to achieve budget
- Coach, guide and develop Assistant Planners and Allocators in line with business goals
- Contribute and provide constructive feedback on processes, templates and use of systems to provide greater efficiencies and continuous business improvement.
- Previous planning experience within a small or big box retail environment
- Experience using merchandise management systems - desirable
- Strong Excel skills
- An analytical mind with the confidence to make educated decisions and resolve problems
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail & accuracy to be of paramount importance
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to plan and self manage workload and priorities
- Experience using SAP an advantage
We offer the opportunity to really contribute in a challenging and supportive team environment, where you can drive your own career development.
Harris Scarfe (HS) is one of Australia's longest trading retailers with over 58 stores across Australia and employing over 1800 staff. We pride ourselves on our ability to keep our business flexible with the ability to change and move within the market. Our stores appeal to a diverse range of customers looking for great value on Homewares, Manchester, Men's and Women's Apparel. Harris Scarfe is renowned for its extensive catalogue program with both National and Exclusive Brands which drive our dynamic business.