Get new similar jobs by email for
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a small close-knit team of Surgeons in a completely autonomous, varied and rewarding role.
About the Employer
Based at Westmead, our clients are established Paediatric Surgeons dedicated to their patients. They give advice and recommendations at their practice located at the local medical centre and perform surgical procedures at the Children's Hospital.
About the role
With the current incumbent taking maternity leave, an opportunity has arisen for a Medical Receptionist/Secretary to join the team. As the Medical Receptionist/Secretary you will provide all front of house assistance as well as undertake all necessary administrative work associated with operating a busy medical practice. There will be lots of hustle and bustle dealing with young families on consulting days and quieter days when the doctors are in surgery. A full hand over will be provided, so transition into the role should be a smooth one.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Complete autonomy for the smooth running of the Practice
• Meet and greet patients and families at front of house
• Take billings and produce receipts and necessary paperwork
• Act as first point of call for all telephone and email enquiries
• Ensure all consent paperwork and hospital admission paperwork is completed
• Scheduling consultations and surgeries
• Provide surgical quotes (out of pocket expenses)
• Enter billing activity into a web-based system
• Process claims and follow up with Medicare and various Health Funds on rejected claims, incorrect item numbers, etc
• Check off monies received and liaise with the bookkeeper
• Some typing (although this is minimal, urgent typing only)
• Other general activities to facilitate the smooth running of the practice (eg maintaining a tidy waiting room, etc)
To be successful for this role you must have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, ideally experience working in a medical practice (working with Surgeons would be highly regarded, but not essential)
- Experience with Medicare, Private health fund and/or worker's compensation billings
- Ability to work independently
- Friendly, professional manner
- Excellent organisational and computer skills
- Be understanding and compassionate of patient needs
- Knowledge and understanding of Eclipse or other medical based software
- High attention to detail with a strong ability to work independently
- High level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise and multi task
- Willingness to take on ad hoc tasks
This is a great opportunity to work with established Surgeons in a rewarding and autonomous role. If you are an experienced Medical Receptionist /Secretary who is empathetic, compassionate, highly organised and able to work autonomously, then please send your CV in WORD format as soon as possible.
Please note only candidates that meet our clients selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: SMMSA04