Files can be up to 500KB for file types .pdf .doc .docx .rtf .txt
Enter your email address below to receive jobs like this sent to your email.
Job Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Job Number: 00445110 00445110_en-GB
- Job description
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functionsunderpinned by the worlds largest delivery networkAccenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 358,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all of our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, youll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Accenture Research is a global team providing insights and analysis to Accenture and its clients throughout the world. Joining Accenture Research translates into continual opportunities to expand on what you can do. Our researchers come together from a wide variety of skills and backgrounds to create talented teams of problem-solvers. We hope youll want to join us!
Accenture Research uncovers disruptors, shapes trends and creates data-driven insights about the most pressing issues organizations face. Combining the power of innovative research techniques with a deep understanding of our clients industries, our global team publishes hundreds of reports, articles and points of views every year. Our thought-provoking research is supported by proprietary data that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories into real, practical solutions. We work in four main areas:
* Developing thought leadership: Accenture Research helps identify big ideas, and develop those into market relevant, provocative and credible thought leadership publications. Many of our thought leadership projects are published and quoted in the press and academic journals. Others form the basis for our issue-driven discussions with clients. In all cases the Research Manager will be expected to contribute ideas, conduct relevant research, and draw key insights.
* New business opportunities: We assess markets and companies and identify ways in which we can help clients become high-performance businesses and governments. A typical analysis might be an in-depth company diagnostic that examines the financial and strategic health or an overview of a sector of the market to identify trends or assess the impact of regulation, or M&A; analysis of key market segments that are driving growth, impact of new technologies on how consumers act and what they demand.
* Working directly with clients: about 20% of our research is on client engagements where we work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research and industry expertise. Typical work with our clients might be to benchmark their digital strategy and activities against key players in the market; to analyse new and emerging competitors, identify untapped areas of growth or project future trends and their likely impact on the business.
* Practice enablement: developing periodic newsletters and management reports which provide fresh insights for our leadership and consultants so that they can understand client performance and the issues clients currently face.
We are looking for someone who has the following core skill sets:
* A passion for and expertise in strategic, macro-economic and financial issues that C-suite of today faces: A thorough understanding of micro and macroeconomic drivers that influence industry opportunities and ability to use strategic frameworks (e.g., Porters five forces, 4 Ps, 3 Cs) to analyze market conditions, competitive landscape and individual company performance. In todays environment, it is also critical that the individual understands how digital technology is transforming industries and changing how consumers and businesses behave. Understanding of Accentures scope of work in this industry is a plus.
* Issue-based problem solving and structured communication skills: We want researchers who can identify key issues and, in a logical, structured manner, use these issues to drive their efforts. We also expect individuals to draw out the implications of the research they conduct and tell a compelling, business-focused story about the data that is relevant to Accentures business and clients. We are looking for insights, not just information.
* Research skills: We expect researchers to be able to take an issue and turn it into a researchable question, adeptly scope the research effort and cost it accurately, and expertly use most (but not necessarily all) research techniques such as secondary database searching, company analysis, market analysis, strategic analysis frameworks, interview-based research and financial analysis. Researchers must also be detail-oriented and follow quality assurance procedures.
* Teaming and communication skills: As a manager, you are expected to resource, manage and motivate a team of researchers to execute high-quality projects. While you would be based in an office with a number of other Researchers, you need to be able to engage with a global research network virtually; you will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with colleagues from different cultures and in different locations.
* Design research studies that result in valuable Intellectual Property and Thought Leadership for Accenture.
* Manage and participate in the full cycle of primary ideation and research in the context of Accenture. This involves:
* the original problem and problem definition,
* hypothesis development, research approach definition and design (including determining research sample and target company participants)
* creation and execution of a research project
* synthesis, analysis, and interpretation of published research, original research data, and findings
* writing research notes, reports, articles and books, and
* articulating and communicating new ideas to both Accenture partners and the external executive business community.
* Guide group activities that develop high value ideas and opportunities, including the transfer of research solutions into practice.
* Author research reports, white papers, and journal articles, including Tier 1 journal articles that build Accenture's image as a thought leader.
+ Basic qualifications
Your Skills and Qualifications
What skills are we looking for?
Demonstrated autonomy & creativity in both concept-formation & concrete problem-solving
Strong interpersonal skills to work with clients & other Accenture personnel in a professional & collaborative manner
Proven expertise in a business subject domain of strategic importance to Accenture
Significant experience and knowledge in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
Demonstrated significant ability to communicate persuasively with a C-level executive audience
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, encompassing proven expertise in structured communication, pyramid skills and writing for external publication in major business/academic journals
Education: Masters of Business Administration degree (or advanced degree plus 5-10 years of highly relevant experience), OR PhD from a top institution with relevant work experience (5 years +).
Work Experience: Experience in conducting strategic level business research for publication.
At least five years of relevant work experience, which may include teaching at the university level
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Date Posted 28/1/2017
Category Program & Project Management
Location Melbourne, VIC
Job Type Full Time, Permanent
Our records show that you've already applied for this position.
You already applied for this job.
Application for this role will take you to the advertiser's site