With over 40 year's experience as one of the world's largest and most diversified testing service providers, our client is the global benchmark for technical excellence! With a reputation built on quality, exceeding client expectations, innovation and integrity an opportunity has arisen for a full time 'Laboratory Business Manager' to join their Environmental testing site. This role will take responsibility for three laboratory teams in the Water Resources Environmental division. Role is based in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
- Proficient management of the Water Resources Laboratory teams - Microbiology, Pathogens and Biology
- Maintaining and adhering to safety requirements across the business
- Providing technical leadership, industry knowledge and guidance to the teams
- Undertaking regular business development activities
- Ensuring KPI's are consistently met and exceeded
- Maintaining and developing long term relationships with new and existing customers
- Financial performance management in line with budgetary expectations
- Providing staff career development opportunities between the three departments
- Achieving business growth by providing a high quality service
- Reviewing and assessing laboratory requirements for equipment upgrades and implementation of new technology
Ideally you will have:
- Considerable experience working as an Environmental Microbiologist in specific having experience in analytical testing of water, waste water and soil samples
- Substantial experience in managing multiple laboratory teams
- Ability to manage high volume workloads whilst ensuring client service and KPI's are met and exceeded
- Understanding of laboratory resources and cost management to ensure budget targets are met.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organisational skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Commitment to workplace health and safety
- Tertiary degree in Science Microbiology or related is essential
Our client promotes the growth and development of a culture of respect for their employees, the community and the environment. Their consistent growth and success creates opportunities for a great career development pathway.
To be a part of this organisation of technical excellence please apply below and include a brief cover letter (in MS Word) detailing your suitability to selection requirements.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Wendy French on 07 3347 7600.
To view all Techstaff job opportunities visit www.techstaff.com.au