Get new similar jobs by email for
Information, Communication and...
Soldier On supports Australian Defence Force veterans and their spouses with employment opportunities with various organisations across the country.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
Our Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) business has as strong pedigree of capability delivery to our customer base. As we look forward in 2017 and beyond, we anticipate we will enjoy strong growth and interesting challenges in supporting the Department of Defence to deliver Information and Communications Technology (ICT) solutions. This program of work requires experienced ICT Engineers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
• Various Defence projects that require a current defence security clearance
• Use your superior networking skills on key Defence projects
• Based in Canberra, ACT
• Relocation packages available
As the ICT Engineer you will be responsible for the provision of network and ICT skills into Gateways and Formal Messaging programs. You will also be responsible for assisting in all aspects of design, implementation and day to day management for the efficient operation, and continuous reliability of Gateway systems as well as Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) environments.
More specifically, you will:
• Assist in the design, implementation and support of Gateway systems.
• Assist in specifying, designing and implementing aspects of the WAN and LAN networks that meet or exceed industry standard best practices.
• Assist in ensuring that the network solutions and infrastructure meet the current performance, reliability, security and business requirements of the business or customer.
• Assist in ensuring the day to day stability and operation of Gateway systems to ensure compliance to service level agreements.
• Provide assistance in all aspects of project infrastructure including the following technologies: Windows software stack; VMWare; Email technologies (SMTP, POP, IMAP); configuring and scripting firewalls; SQL Server and/or Oracle DBMS; Gateway system architecture and network fundamentals
• Provide network consultancy and assistance to customers, in the design, set to work and troubleshooting of classified networks and customer deliverables.
ABOUT THE APPLICANT
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Excellent knowledge and experience in the implementation and support of Wintel based computer systems.
• Proven skills in fault finding issues within third-party software.
• Strong experience in network troubleshooting including, switching, routing, firewalls, VPN and network security.
• Experience with virtualisation technologies.
• An IT or engineering related degree.
Whilst not essential, some experience in both storage systems and VOIP is highly desirable.
An NV2 Defence security clearance is required for this role; applicants must be Australian citizens and at a minimum, currently hold NV1 and be eligible to obtain and maintain NV2 clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are an ADF veteran or spouse of a serving or ex-serving member and are interested in applying for the role, please hit the apply now button and submit your CV and cover letter. It is recommended that you combine the cover letter and CV into one document.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
For any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 6-3-2017