Do you love working with the elderly and would like to make a difference in their lives? Can you drive and own a car? Consider becoming a Home Care Employee with us.
We are looking for passionate individuals like you who live on the Lower North Shore to join our team to provide support to our aged clients to remain in their homes living active and independent lives.
You will support and assist with a wide range of daily living activities including personal care, cleaning/domestic assistance, meal preparation, respite, shopping, transport to/from appointments and other activities.
If you live in and around Mosman, Castle Cove, Crows Nest, North Sydney or Manly, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for people from all different backgrounds who have:
• A passion for working with the elderly and desire to support older people with daily living activities
• Some experience working with the elderly (personal and volunteer experience count!)
• Knowledge and understanding of the needs of the elderly and their carers
• A drivers licence and own car
• Comprehensive car insurance
• First Aid Certificate (JewishCare holds regular courses throughout the year and you will be given the opportunity to attend)
Although it is not essential, it would be great if you have professional experience working in the aged care sector and hold a relevant qualification (Cert. III in Aged Care or similar).
This is a community-based position, so the successful candidate will be required to travel to people’s homes and provide one-on-one assistance. The successful candidate will have the ability and willingness to work in a home environment.
We have a number of different shifts on offer Monday to Friday between 8am to 5pm, so it is important that you provide us with your availability to ensure we can meet the needs of our clients as well as your personal needs. We welcome applicants who are able to work during school hours and/or who would like to work casually 3-5 days a week.
Why should you apply?
We offer above award pay rates, reimbursement of Km's when with or between clients, flexible hours and the chance to work close to home.