Get new similar jobs by email for
Head of Test Automation
ME isn’t like other banks. We were created by the industry super funds to bring a more human approach to banking. We are all about helping Australians get ahead.
In the same vein, we want our people to be free to be the best they can be: working in a style and environment that enables them to provide exceptional output while continuing to grow and develop with ME in the long term.
The Head of Test Automation is accountable for the Test Automation Practice at ME including strategy, technical standards, tooling, subject matter expertise and execution across multiple projects.
In addition to owning the test automation practice, you’ll also line manage and mentor a small team of test automation engineers whilst also overseeing and directing a large team of 3rd party testing resources deployed across projects.
Other responsibilities include:
· Define test automation strategy, standards, principles and practices and ensure adherence across the team
· Select and implement appropriate tooling to support the practice
· Enables continuous integration and continuous delivery
· Coordinates releases across environments and into production
· Assigns appropriate resources to meet project needs
· Get on the tools when needed to demonstrate, coach and mentor team members, implement new tooling, set up new frameworks, etc.
· Collaborate with other members of the digital and integration team to continuously improve the SDLC
Rolling up your sleeves and getting on the tools comes naturally to you. You’re hands-on and your technical capability to perform the role of a test automation engineer backs this. You’ll also have deep expertise and experience in CI/CD practices, devops tooling and agile ways of working.
With experience working within medium to large size projects, you have demonstrated ability to create effective team environments for people to innovate and learn. This will be supported up by experience in (or a desire to) leading a team including coaching, providing feedback and having performance conversations.
Relationships are really important to you and you can back this with your excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You are able to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships, work in partnership with key stakeholders.
You’re a master of all things IT and you’re always up to date on tech trends and issues. Your proven learning agility and ability to rapidly adjust to new contexts, technologies and trends is impressive.
Apart from the stuff we've already mentioned here are some reasons why people love it at ME:
· The people -we really mean it. We care about each other here and our refreshing no BS way of engaging with each other means people are authentic and we don't have your usual banking political stuff.
· We embrace action-oriented people who aren't afraid to fail….That's right you can make mistakes here and it's ok - so long as you learn from it.
· What we're building is really cool and you get to directly influence it.
· Our Executive team are awesome - vibrant and full of passion as well as energy (really - we promise).
You up for it?
Send us your CV and let us know how your skills, experience and values line up with this role.
This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship with ME.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including police checks, Banking Industry Conduct Background Checks, Conduct Background Checks, reference checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates; however, will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.