- Looking for a better work/life balance? - Full-time position, Mon-Fri
- Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner catering along with functions
- You’ll be cooking for students of a prestigious residential College!
Chartwell’s philosophy centres around providing tailored, boutique and unique hospitality solutions to the education market. We are passionate about challenging the traditions of these environments by delivering innovative and quality hospitality solutions that reflect the high street expectations and idiosyncrasies of our market.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and creative Head Chef to join our fantastic team based at a prestigious residential college in Acton. Reporting to our Site Manager, you will be responsible for the production of all culinary offerings for our boarding house and function services. You’ll be producing food for students from across Australia and around the world and you will showcase your passion about producing great food and have an understanding of the latest trends and healthy eating principles.
A day in the life -
- Prepare and present innovative internationally inspired dishes to discerning university students
- Observation of and implementation of allergy awareness controls
- Monitor costs with special regard to portion control, waste minimisation and stock control
- Maintain a customer focus at all times, responding to feedback positively and proactively, implementing great ideas and seeking opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the safe production of a quality product without comprise to the food safety guidelines provided
- Take ownership of your kitchen team and contribute to their ongoing training and development
A bit about you -
- You’re a qualified Sous or Head Chef with the experience necessary to oversee a varied service delivery including boarding house to large scale functions
- You’ll bring new ideas and demonstrate strength in creating culinary benchmarks in modern flavours and presentation
- You’ll be a natural leader with a unique approach to executive education catering bringing flair and outstanding cuisine
- You’ll be a passionate foodie and have an understanding of great nutrition and allergy awareness
- You’ll bring a strong commercial mindset with a keen eye for detail, quality and presentation
- You’ll be committed to developing effective relationships with individuals at all levels, from diverse backgrounds, cultures and locations
- You’ll be passionate about delivering the highest levels of customer & client satisfaction
We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities including internal transfers, ongoing training and development including apprenticeships & traineeships, a competitive salary, recognition programs including awards, long service and team event days, site based benefits and company discounts.
Please note: We will be proactively progressing applications prior to the advertised closing date.