Find your job faster
Get notified when jobs like this hit the market
Whoops, we noticed something was incorrect...
Get new similar jobs by email for
Our client is looking for a Financial Controller to help support their business through transformation.
Our client is an established retail business, with a reputation for good quality and affordable products. The business is now entering a new phase of corporate transformation that requires strategic and technical skill sets among its senior leadership team. Our client has established itself as a and trusted brand in the retail market, and are now focusing on its support operations to create a platform forknown future growth.
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will play an integral role in corporatising the finance function. Your responsibilities will span accounting, staff management and business strategy. Specifically, this will include:
• Lead and develop a finance team of 10+ staff
• Prepare month-end financial and management reporting, consolidated for all branch operations,
• Prepare year-end financial statements for the group
• Prepare the annual budget, monthly forecasting and 3-5 year business plans
• Involvement in a new ERP implementation, and development of finance policies and procedures
• Continuous improvement of finance operations to support business growth.
• Review of commercial franchise agreements, lease operations
You will be a highly motivated and level headed finance professional with previous experience in a commercial organisation. Prior experience in a Big 4 Audit background is highly advantageous, as is previous experience in a business transformation, focused on the corporatisation of a finance function.
• Strong technical accounting and reporting skills,
• Advanced problem solving skills, and a solutions oriented approach to your work,
• The ability to build strong working relationships with customers and internal stakeholders,
• Strong communication skills and the ability to influence others,
• An ability to motivate your team, holding them accountable for strong service delivery
• You will also place a high emphasis on team-work, communication and collaboration.
The successful applicant will join a strong leadership team in a successful and growing business. This role will work closely with the CFO to assist with important transformation initiatives, helping to navigate the business through an exciting period. As the business expands, your focus may change to be more commercially and operationally focused.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Huwy Jones on +61 3 8640 3151.