Exclusive to Denovo, our partner is a multi-faceted global leader in the design, manufacture and installation of a range of high end and aesthetically pleasing building materials. They can boast an extensive list of customers, including leading architects, engineers, builders and resellers, and have their range of products installed into iconic projects across Australia. They offer a customized approach to staffing, maintenance and operational needs, and their key to their success and reputation is the focus on sustainability, ethics and collaboration – making them a highly attractive place to work
Currently, we seek an experienced Design Estimator for the Sydney team
Key responsibilities will be to provide estimating, design and detailing support for the product ranges to our customer (defined as internal departments, architects, builders, roof/cladding contractors and others as required), to interact with and provide input to the Technical Department business function, liaise with similar positions in other regions and to ensure design knowledge base remains current.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret customer requirements in relation to company product range and liaise to assist product selection, support and applications in favour of company products
- Support the use of our products in the marketplace through the development of site / project specific detailing through AutoCAD and general technical support, with the ultimate goal of supporting specification winning and sales growth.
- Participate in Technical Department functions were required, to include site visits, inspecting installed systems, advising site personnel, and providing best practice product application advice to customers
- Estimating; producing well-presented accurate, timely and clear quotes/cost plan for cladding installers and architects whilst reprocessing estimates on receipt of orders ready for handover to the Customer Service department.
- Preparation of detailing to allow the development of related ancillary components to compliment the company range
- Participate in continuous improvement programmes and any training / personal development necessary to the position
- Provide detailing assistance for the Marketing Team to assist the preparation of best industry literature for Specifiers, Contractors and Building Owners
- Assist in training and personal development of the sales team on product application and detailing issues
- Assist the Technical Department in being able to provide a comprehensive advisory information service, including model specification/building physics/applications and maintenance of our products.
- Provide response service to customers in line with task and targets laid down for the Technical Department.
What’s on offer?
- Base $85-95k
- Phone, laptop
- Fantastic training and career progression opportunities
To be successful in this position you will:
- 3 years + in an Design / Estimating type role
- Ideally have some industry experience – roofing, cladding, facade
- Fully proficient in AutoCad 2D & 3D
- Ability to interpret customer technical requirements, architectural / engineering drawings
- Able to commute to Western Sydney office
To apply for this position please submit your application (word formatted resume & covering email outlining your experience) to email@example.com
Due to expected high levels of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted