Due to continued growth Broadspectrum are currently looking to engage a Fire Station Watchroom Operator. This position will see you located at East Sale in a full time position within a well -established team.
- To maintain an effective operational readiness in accordance with the relevant Certified Agreements and Modern Awards
- Ensure relevant instructions and processes are adhered to.
- Monitor alarm panels and alert all station crew of any incoming alarms or emergencies in accordance with the requirements of contractual agreements and statements of works.
- Alert and coordinate fire crews to impending incidents and emergencies.
- Monitor radio communications as required.
- Maintain the Fire Station logbook including a record of incident turnout times.
- Obtain and document any emergency information requested by the Incident Controller during emergency situations.
- Ensure that all relevant administrative duties associated with the station watch room are performed.
- Participate in training and development activities in accordance with current competency and qualification requirements of the role.
- Promote Broadspectrum philosophies by striving for best practice through continuous improvements
Required Skills & Experience
Hold the following pre-requisite Public Safety competencies:
- PUAFIR215 Prevent Injury
- PUAOPE002B Operate Communications Equipment
- PUATEA001B Work in a Team
- PUACOM001C Communicate in the Workplace
- PUATEA002B Work Autonomously
- You must be an Australian Citizen and able to maintain a Department of Defence Security Clearance.
- Be part of a long term Defence contract
- Competitive remuneration package
- Employee discount scheme
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of any relevant qualifications. To be considered for this role you will be required to undertake an Australian Federal Police Check and a Pre-employment Medical Assessment.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.