Find your job faster
Get notified when jobs like this hit the market
Whoops, we noticed something was incorrect...
Get new similar jobs by email for
IT Helpdesk L2
A Tier 2 Desktop Support position with a university based near Brisbane CBD!
Your new company
This department delivers network, systems and IT infrastructure support to the University, and application development that that supports the teaching, learning, research and engagement objectives of the University and contributes positively to the student experience and the University’s reputation.
Your new role
In this position, you will provide timely and effective technical and troubleshooting support for Tier 1 and 2 IT service functions for clients across the University. The position will frequently be a major link between IT services and the client so must provide good communication to ensure customer satisfaction.
You will provide phone/email/remote assistance to diagnose and resolve hardware and software faults on assigned devices, including basic support for AV equipment, with the assistance, if necessary, of more experienced staff and/or vendor support sections. You will need to ensure that jobs are responded to, resolved and/or escalated promptly.
Where remote assistance is not possible due to the nature of the service request, provide on-site support.
You will also undertake the use of tools for applications such as WEBDNS, DHCP, AD, Exchange, ITAM and other applications as skills permit.
What you'll need to succeed
• Qualifications and training equivalent to an undergraduate degree in IT or related field; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
• Knowledge of PC and/or Macintosh operating systems and software and their operation in networked environments, and experience providing support in several of the following PC operating system environments: Windows, Linux or Mac OS.
• Experience in providing support in mobile technologies.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills particularly in documenting processes and work instructions, and interpreting client requirements.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated skills in providing effective remote assistance and on-site support.
• Knowledge of audiovisual technologies.
• Knowledge of server operating systems.
What you'll get in return
Opportunity to work in a large, successful IT environment. Potential to be extended.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.