The purpose of the Business Bank at Westpac is to support one of Australia’s most important assets – its businesses. We’re here to make Australian businesses stronger.
Now more than ever Australian businesses look to people who understand how a business can bank on the future.
We are looking for a Local Business Banker in Newcastle who relishes the challenges and rewards of engaging customers with successful small and medium sized businesses (the lifeblood of our economy) - someone who is the heartbeat of their local business communities.
Local Business Bankers are imperative to Westpac's strategic ambition of earning all our customers' business. You’ll be driven by innovation and:
- Be accountable for building relationships and managing a portfolio of up-to 200 small-to-medium enterprise business customers
- Deepen relationships by having needs based conversations across the full spectrum of your customers banking needs, from cash flow to transaction, lending to payments, business and consumer
- Sell Westpac’s financial products and provide professional financial advice by meeting with customers and deepen customer relationships through quality needs based conversations, exploring customers financial needs and goals
- Understand the local business market, providing advice based on local and business knowledge. At every available opportunity talk to local businesses, understand their customer base, business drivers, trends etc. Build business acumen and provide advice based on individual customer needs identified and met
Joining Westpac has many perks besides building a long and stable career. You’ll be:
- Able have access to some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market
- Offered a highly competitive remuneration that is fair and consistent for all our people
- Entitled to a suite of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us
- Encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and secondments available
What you need to succeed
- Proven business banking experience and passion for sales delivery
- Effective relationship management skills
- Business and financial acumen are considered an advantage
At The Westpac Group, we have a vision to be one of the world's great service companies – this means helping our people, customers and communities to prosper and grow. We aim to be leaders in diversity, flexibility and as an equal opportunity employer.
As part of our commitment to creating a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility. We invite Candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.