Demi Chef required to cater for a vast range of conferences, weddings and special events, most notably Audi Race Week.
About The Role
- Live on island position
- 120+ corporate functions and 450+ weddings annually
- Conventions up to 1000 pax (60-120 pax average)
- Large variety of events ranging from live bbq stations, street parades, cooking lessons and master classes to triathlons, Audi Race Week, The Great Barrier Feast and more!
- Full time permanent position; shifts on a rotating roster
- Salaried position based on 40 hour work week; however from time to time you will be required to work in excess of these hours within reason when the island is busy
- Must have successfully completed Certificate 3 in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)
- Open manual Australian driver licence essential
- Minimum 1-2 years post-apprenticeship experience
- Previous experience in upmarket and off-site catering and/or luxury hotel banqueting
- Impeccable grooming and personal presentation
- Having a high level of physically fitness - this is a demanding role in hot and humid tropical conditions
- A good attitude and willingness to learn and contribute to the success of your team
Island of Opportunity
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers