Hamilton Island in the heart of the tropical Whitsundays is Australia's favourite island holiday destination. As the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, our safe waters, spectacular marine life and relaxed island lifestyle is a magnet for yachting, fishing, diving, beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts from around the world.
We have a great variety of accommodation across the island, and a team of professionals to provide an enjoyable and memorable experience to our guests.
The Reef View Hotel is Hamilton Island’s leading 4 star hotel offering lovely spacious rooms with some of the most spectacular views over the Coral Sea.
The hotel features 367 rooms and has its own restaurant, lounge, pool and bar.
An exciting opportunity is currently available for a well experienced Front Office Manager to run the Front Office department.
About the role
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the Front Office Department
- Responding to guests requests, enquiries & complaints
- Overseeing the management of ledgers, house accounts & late charges
- Managing rooms status and allocations
- Mentoring, developing and supporting the Front Office team
- Maintaining Work Health and Safety regulation
- Maintaining budget, preparing reports and forecasting occupancy and costs
- Excellent and natural communication and presentation
- Minimum 1 year experience in this role within a 4-5 star Hotel or Resort
- A passion for service delivery
- Self motivated and confident in taking the initiative
- Proven staff management skills; including rostering, training and leading
- Open Driver Licence (essential)
- Full rights to work in Australia
Culture and Benefits
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
Don't wait any longer to change your career and experience a peaceful lifestyle,
click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers