Project Manager – Tier One Contractor – Government Community projects
- Excellent project list for 2018/19 prisons, community & commercial
- Strong retention rate of employees due to continued development in their staff
- Long standing history here in Australia - well regarded industry wide
- A Tier One builder
- Variety of building sectors - Correctional Facilities health, community, defence, industrial/commercial and aged sector
- $160M Correctional Facility in Western NSW
- With a long history of building some of the states iconic buildings
- Stable and secure business this is a company that will be around in the decades ahead
- Successful project manager opportunity to deliver a $160M project
- Project values range from $5M up to $300M and their diverse expertise across multiple sectors (NOT RESIDENTIAL) means that no one project is the same, allowing you to continue to learn new techniques.
- Equal Opportunities and diverse work work
About the Role
- You will have worked on numerous projects over $50M in value and have gained extensive Project Engineering/Manager experience within a first/second tier construction company environment on large scale Government sector projects
- As a Project Manager you will have already worked for a large scale builder on large scale projects - NOT RESIDENTIAL.
- You will have a completed degree and hold at least 10+ years’ experience.
- Our client is not looking for an individual to work excessive hours but would rather the successful candidate be someone who is focused and productive during the standard office hours with a time-efficient approach.
- The person needs to be approachable, able to pick up a phone and discuss and resolve disputes as opposed to relying on e-mails. Nothing quite matches a face to face meeting and building relationships with all stakeholders involved in the project.
Required Skills and Experience
- A completed Construction Management degree
- A strong Commercial/health/community background
- Experience on projects of $50M plus
- Able to deal with design issues
- Strong programming skills
- Enjoy challenging projects where you can provide solutions to complex buildings
- Long term ambitions to grow career with the company
Design & Construct guarantees to keep your enquiry confidential and will always meet with you first before submitting your details to any of our clients.