- Great work / life balance
- Excellent team environment
- Work for a Global brand
Hitachi Construction Machinery Australia is a leading supplier of construction and mining equipment, and is a key part of the Hitachi machinery global business.
Due to recent review of our operational needs, we are now looking for an experienced and professional Parts and Service Business Development Manager to join our Southern Regional team – based in either Sydney (Greystanes) or Melbourne (Dandenong). The main focus of this new role will be to lead and grow our Parts and Service business development activities across the Southern Regional including Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Tasmania.
Reporting to the National Parts and Service Strategy Manager your duties will be:
- Lead the business development activities for parts and service across the Southern Region
- Identify opportunities, and implement strategies to grow our market share within the Parts & Service
- Analyse sales trends and other data – and then develop and implement parts and service marketing initiatives to deliver growth – both locally and nationally
- In conjunction with regional sales representatives, analyse sales trends & develop value adding offers for presentation to customers
- Provide customers with cost benefit analysis for both parts and
- Collate, interpret and analyse competitor information and pricing – and ensure the information is
- Coach, lead and mentor the regional sales teams – providing value adding commercial insights and offers
To be successful in this role you will need:
- At least five years’ experience in a similar Business Development role – with a track record of growing business – both with existing customers and with new
- Ability to develop sales and marketing strategies, and convert these to incremental business
- Strong commercial acumen and exceptional analytical skills (Intermediate to advanced EXCEL skills is a must)
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Tertiary qualifications in business / engineering preferred.
- An understanding of the mining/construction market will be an advantage but is not essential
- To thrive on identifying new sales opportunities and have a proven ability to understand business requirements, develop proposals and close sales
- Senior business level communication and presentation skills
With long term career paths and personal development opportunities – both across Australia and overseas – Hitachi offers a challenging yet rewarding environment for all of its employees. Along with this we also offer.
- Competitive base salary, fully maintained company vehicle, and biannual company bonus scheme
- Great work / life balance
- Management culture supportive of personal development and career development