Find your job faster
Get notified when jobs like this hit the market
Whoops, we noticed something was incorrect...
Get new similar jobs by email for
Technical Support Officer
Multi-national company with office in Wollongong seeking Technical Support Officer
Your new company
This is a unique opportunity to work with a multi-national company at their Wollongong office as their Technical Support Officer.
Your new role
As the only IT support person on site, you will primarily be handling the Level 1 needs of staff but will also be required to handle the following:
• Handling requests for support, following agreed procedures and within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines in order to deliver a high level of customer service
• Proactively identify and analyse system obsolescence issues
• Maintaining constant and efficient communication with the Support team in Adelaide and support team in Wollongong
• Alerting the customer or business to potential or known problems that affect the quality of services provided
• Communicating with vendors to resolve technical issues and escorting them when on-site
• Support for the various project operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2008R2, Windows 2016, RedHat Linux 6, VMWare)
• Administration support for the Mission System, including system monitoring and deployment of software patches
• Maintenance of network and infrastructure security requirements
• Installation, configuration and deployment of desktop hardware, software & peripheral devices in a network environment
• Working with the Support team to ensure all IT assets (e.g. cables, workstations, servers and peripherals) are properly tracked
• Occasionally some weekend work may be required in addition to 7am starts.
What you'll need to succeed
Baseline/Negative Vetting 1 clearance is essential for this role. Demonstrated experience working in a similar environment is also ideal. MCSE certification in Windows 10/2016 would be an advantage.
What you'll get in return
You will be the primary line of support for this Wollongong office. You will be utilising the breadth of your IT experience daily to ensure minimal delays.
This role is an initial 3 month contract though the client is looking to extend beyond this or become a permanent position.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.