Broadspectrum Fuel Services (BR&I) are a national mechanical services entity who work in the Hydrocarbon and Heavy Industrial Sectors around Australia. BFS now focus on Defence Fuel Assets providing resources to meet the preventative and reactive maintenance across Australia. Due to potential growth, BFS are looking for skilled, safety conscious and passionate trades to support the delivery of our Defence Fuel Installation Maintenance contract across various sites within Victoria.
The sites range from east Gippsland to Seymour to the City, so considerable travel will be involved using pool vehicles. At times, overnight stays will be required.
BFS are a national mechanical services entity who work in the Hydrocarbon and Heavy Industrial Sectors around Australia. Due to project flow potential growth, BFS are looking for skilled, safety conscious and passionate trades to support the delivery of our Defence Fuel Installation Maintenance contract across various sites in Victoria.
You’ll be assisting BFS to deliver within the Estate Management (EMOS) contract for the Department of Defence. As such, we’re recruiting for a skilled Mechanical Fitter to perform technical and maintenance work on Defence Fuel Installations across various sites which will include tasks such as routine inspections, function tests, preventative maintenance, general repairs, upgrades and refurbishments.
In addition you may be required to:
- Identify, plan, manage & execute preventative and corrective maintenance tasks as well as provide technical assistance as required.
- Work with other maintenance personnel to maintain DFI (Defence Fuel Installations) equipment to agreed schedules, procedures and standard
- Arrange & preform multiple frequent monthly site visits to fuel installations across various Defence Bases within Victoria with the use of company supplied pool vehicle.
- Effectively diagnose problems and provide technical support as required for problem solving maintenance issues within the mechanical discipline
- Arrange pricing and subcontractor engagement for specialised responsive maintenance tasks.
- Carry out work and inspections of work in accordance with Work Health Safety & Quality Assurance requirements and the relevant codes and industry standards
- Utilise clients permit to work system by preparing permit applications and JSA’s.
- Assist the Supervisor with job timing, work scheduling, managing responsive maintenance as well as make recommendations to the Supervisor in relation to work practices, which could improve quality, increase productivity and reduce costs
- Use of portable device(s) to manage work orders
- Completion and administration of maintenance inspection records
Skills & Experience:
- Cert III Mechanical Fitting OR Trade Certification in Mechanical Fitting
- Experience in Petrochemical/Hydrocarbon industry
- Experience with fuel equipment & systems.
- Process Plant Operation certification would be advantageous
- High Risk certifications such as Confined Space, Working at Heights, EWP and First Aid would be advantageous
- Have a solid understanding of pumping, pneumatics, trade waste and bulk fuel installations equipment and the relevant codes and industry standards
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence
- In order to be successful in this role you must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance to the level of Secret.
- Familiarised with use of Microsoft office applications
- Experience with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems would be advantageous.
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain good communications
- Previous experience in leadership roles
This is a local position and not a FIFO role. The Position involves frequent visits to numerous Defence Bases within Melbourne and outer Melbourne areas every month including occasional overnight stays with accommodation provided as required.
Please Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of the above trade qualifications as well as proof of Citizenship. You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain an ADF Clearance.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 98453
Cert III Mechanical Fitting OR Trade Certification in Mechanical Fitting