- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Build upon your Child Protection experience
- Relevant degree required
Child Protection Practitioner - Darwin, NT.
Your new organisation
Are you passionate about supporting children and families to help them thrive? Our government client works with families, individuals and stakeholders to empower families and communities for a safe and better future, where children experience safe healthy and happy childhoods. They are now seeking P1 and P2 Child Protection Practitioners for ongoing (permanent) positions in Darwin, NT.
Your new role
As part of a team, you’ll work with Aboriginal children and families to provide a holistic and strength-based approach to improve their lives through frontline delivery and advocacy functions . You’ll be responsible for:
- The delivery of case work and case management services to clients, including the management of more complex cases requiring liaison with other agency and non-government organisations.
- Maintaining a high level of services to clients through the provision of professional expertise and demonstrated best practice in the delivery of statutory child protection.
- Undertaking statutory responsibilities and exercising delegations under the Care and Protection of Children Act in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Providing support, training and education to staff on program and practice issues to enhance their skills, knowledge and understanding of programs.
- Ensuring the availability of reliable data through the accurate and timely recording of information on the Territory Families client information and case management systems.
- Participating in the Territory Families After-hours Service
What you'll need to succeed
You’ll be a highly motivated professional with the following:
- A degree of an Australian tertiary institution, which gives eligibility for membership of the Australian Community Workers Association, the Australian Association of Social Workers, or the Australian Psychological Society, or equivalent, or a Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention and Vocational Graduate Certificate in Community Services Practice (Statutory Child Protection).
- Extensive experience commensurate with the duties of the position, including highly developed professional skills in conducting strength based assessments, developing and delivering effective interventions, and a demonstrated capacity to apply best practice principles.
- Significant experience working within a legislative framework and a demonstrated ability to interpret and apply complex legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including developing and delivering formal and informal training for staff and the preparation of court reports.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures, including a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture, family and community structures.
- High level organisational skills including the ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and contribute to the professional development and learning needs of colleagues.
- Current Class C Driver’s License
- Current Working with Children Card and Criminal History Check (or willingness to obtain prior to formal offer)
What you'll get in return
This employer is committed to valuing and investing in their people and provide the opportunity to build a lifelong career, providing ongoing opportunities for professional development and career advancement. These are ongoing (permanent) positions based in Darwin, NT, offering 6 weeks annual leave, a $5,000 per annum allowance, and relocation assistance. P1 roles are paying $67,210 to $77,724 plus super and P2 roles are paying Please note there are also P3 vacancies and vacancies at all levels in Katherine and Alice Springs, if these locations are of interest.
What you need to do now
Please send your resume to Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online. You may also call Rebecca on 08 8943 6000 for more information.