- Permanent Opportunity with a July Start
- Specialized in Contaminated Land
- Must be able to obtain Defense Clearance
A multi-national Engineering Consultancy is seeking an experienced Environmental Consultant
Your new company
A multi-national engineering consultancy that is well established within North Queensland is seeking a Environmental Consultant to work and professionally grown within its Townsville office.
Your new role
Reporting to the Environmental Manager you will be responsible for:
- Effective management of environmental projects/contracts through all stages of delivery achieving time, quality and budget objectives
- Help to achieve environmental targets and compliance with legislative requirements
- Provide advice on how to improve the Environmental management of parks and resolve Environmental issues
- Provide effective risk management
- Manage complex projects and contracts relating to contaminated land management, Environmental testing analysis and reporting, recycled water and landfill gas
- Develop specifications, technical investigations, contracts and other service delivery arrangements for Environmental projects and programs, and ensure service provider compliance with specifications through appropriate controls
What you'll need to succeed
- A degree in Environmental Science or Engineering that deals with soil conservation, contaminated land management and the treatment, discharge and assimilation of pollution.
- Experience in mitigating or managing human impacts on water and soils, such as remediation of damaged land or degraded water bodies, management of emissions/discharges of landfill gas or leachate, or improvement of stormwater quality
- Understanding and practical experience of Environmental legislation within Queensland
- Ability to design environmental investigation programs, identify skill sets needed to deliver and to manage, challenge and get the best out of technical consultants
What you'll get in return
This Townsville based role will reward with an excellent salary combined with the opportunity to develop strategic environmental policies.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Peter Mulligan.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.