Hamilton Island is the Whitsunday’s Premiere Island resort with 5 accommodation options, over 15 different dining and restaurant establishments, a championship golf course and a brand new Yacht Club. We have endless opportunities for passionate and enthusiastic candidates to grow and develop their careers in this premium resort environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Support Specialist to work for Australia’s premier holiday destination.
About the Role
- To provide systems and applications support to HIE departments and staff members and associated businesses across Hamilton Island.
- Attend to user support requests as assigned by the Systems Support Supervisor and the General Manager
- Provide support for desktop application packages and printers (Microsoft Office, Windows servers and clients)
- Conduct issues analysis of, and support for, software application packages such as SMS/Host, Infogenesis POS, Technology One, Delphi.fdc, Spa Soft
- Assist with the administration of the Resort’s Domain, Windows Servers, Active Directory, Citrix environments, Network infrastructure, Printing infrastructure, CCTV, IP-TV)
- Carry out system IT maintenance and Pro-Active Preventative Maintenance duties
- Maintain accurately the help desk records
- Provide after hours support on a rotating basis.
- Provide subject matter expertise to infrastructure projects specialist in implementing new network design and development
- Act as subject matter expert to support the CCTV, IPTV, DSL and WAP infrastructure
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Systems
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role is ideal
- Commercial perspective brought to bear re infrastructure projects delivery (Essential)
- Experience supporting Microsoft Active Directory, Citrix, MS Office, MS Windows (Essential)
- Experience in the Hospitality industry (Desirable)
- QLD Driver Licence (Essential)
- Be flexible in your availability to work to meet business demands
- Prepared to work on a 7 days rotating roster and do on calls shifts
- Willingness to deliver an excellent Customer Service
- Positive Attitude and Team Player
Culture and Benefits
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers